The 30-Hour Famine is a global youth movement against hunger and poverty.
Participants will learn about the real-world issues of hunger and injustice as they fast and raise fund to tackle the root causes of poverty.
How does it work?
30-Hour Famine DIY Camps (26+4)
Camp Leaders will run 26-hour camps all across the nation during the Official Famine Weekend. All campers will get a chance to come together for the exciting 4-hour Famine Countdown.
Official Famine Weekend: 19-20 July 2014
Famine Countdown: 20 July 2014, 12pm-4pm
(Pre-Countdown activities begin at 10am)
Stadium Putra, Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur
Dual Blessing Bhd
125, Jalan Hujan Emas
Taman Oversea Union
58200 Kuala Lumpur
Where does the money go?
The funds you raise will go toward tackling hunger and poverty. This includes providing:
– Nutritious food through increasing food security, giving food assistance and teaching appropriate nutrition practices (India, Laos, North Korea).
– Educational programmes and opportunities for children and youth (Cambodia, Myanmar,Thailand).
– Child protection and advocacy for working and vulnerable children (Myanmar, Thailand).
– Clean water and sanitation facilities as well as education (Indonesia, Sri Lanka)
– Education and assistance for people with Disabilities (China, Malaysia)
– Community development programmes in education and health (Indonesia, Malaysia).